Monday, December 31, 2012

Out with old in with the new!

Well this is it. The last day of 2012. Honestly it does not feel that 365 days have passed but they have. I recall thinking just last week that this was impossible to be preparing for Christmas and now here we sit about to embrace the new year that is suddenly upon us. Why is it when we are children the years seem to just DRAG by? I mean everything just seems to take forever and we never seem to appreciate that time we have? Then we become adults and if we blink just right the entire year went by and we missed most of it! I can't tell you how much I have tried to instill in my children that they need to enjoy this time they have take in every second of what they are experiencing because before they know it they will be saying the exact same things as I am.
This year has been one of our most eventful ones as of yet. This was the first full year that Chris was no longer military. This transition in and of itself was a tough one. I began a wonderful job doing what I love, but that was still such a huge change from what I am used to. We both became full time students and have found it to be a challenge but have found such reward from it. Life has continued to throw us curve balls but we seem to be hitting them left and right, some right out of the ballpark others have ended up base hits or fouls but we have done our best to overcome each obstacle in our path. 
This next year will prove to be our toughest yet. This is not meant in a negative manner we just know going into 2013 we will have a lot more to face and in store for us. This upcoming year will be the year of answers. We will be starting off this New Year with answers to H and that itself is scary and a relief! We have big things on the agenda and hope to see them through. It will be exciting though. Sean will be in his last year of jr. high and Hannah in her last year of elementary school. See time is flying and I am just feeling like i can't keep up!
i won't be making any resolutions this year. They just seem to have no point to me. This year we are going to live for the moment and be happy for what we have and who we are. I am not going to stress over my weight, or how to look better. This is me and I am good with that. We aren't going to let anyone bring us down and remove those who bring nothing but negativity to our lives. This year we will make the most of it and do what we can to savor and enjoy each day we get. I am wanting to do what I can to "slow down" time   so I don't sit here a year from now and say "Man where did the time go?"  
This year is going to be more about family and less about the stress. I want to spend more time with my children, my sisters and the rest of my family. I want to do more with them and create new memories and traditions with them. It sounds like a busy year but hey I have 365 days to complete it so I think I can do it. I think it's time to change my outlook on life and  think about more of what I have and want to have rather then what I don't have or never got. So out with the old and in with the new! Happy New Years everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment