Monday, December 12, 2011

Perspective

It has been a while but given the last few days I thought maybe it was time to do some writing. Its crazy to think the holidays are here. Where did this year go to? Have you ever noticed the older you get the faster time seems to fly? I swear It was just the new year like a week ago. So much happened this year and while I might have the most wonderful memory a lot of things still remain fresh in my mind like it happened yesterday.
We have been blessed with many opportunities this year and it seems as a door has closed for us another one has opened. While it is sad that Chris is no longer active duty he has found a job he is content with, the motivation and dedication to get his schooling out of the way to pursue the job he loves, and a once a week he gets to be able to do his passion and I might add he works with a great group of men who really seem to be like a family. So much actually I might actually consider becoming part of that family. By that no I do not mean being one of those crazy guys and running into a burning building but more of a support member to help back events they want to do and do misc tasks that need to be done. After their open house this weekend I have to say they are great appreciative group of guys. Potosi VFD you guys are amazing thank you for making us feel so welcome!
Today we took H to get his new ears. They did tubes again and a Adenoiectomy. While we all know how routine these procedures can be I the very worrisome over protective momma. Everything started out very routine but still I was left with a nagging feeling. 30 minutes later our doctor came out and said everything went well. I took a deep breath but still there was that feeling. Why would I still have that since he said it went well. Lots of time passed as we awaited them to bring us lil H. I knew something was up when the lady who's daughter went in after us had her daughter in her arms. Shortly after they came out to speak to us. Once they attempted to take the intubation tube out he stopped breathing. His tongue rolled to the back of his mouth and that was it. They proceeded to put meds in his IV to help get things going but they also had to bag him and give him a breathing treatment. I was a wreck so was Chris. This brought back the days of the NICU full force. After a few hours his vitals where normal and we got the go to leave. I have been over him like a hawk all day and he has been pretty good. He sounds gunky and raspy but we will see the pedi in the morning so we will see what she says.
Going through this just made me think of how far we have come. A year ago we sat in a NICU with nurses and doctors who made sure his lungs where strong, he could fend for himself and do a simple task of taking a bottle. Then we battled RSV it was a scare that really made us wonder how well those little lungs actually worked. Of course the icing on the cake was our hospital stay with pneumonia in January. See this is where I get my worry wartness from! But as always he pulls through. I think he likes to make us sweat every once in a while. I now have to go get my hair done often to cover the greys this kid is giving me!
The last few weeks people who have come into my life have found a way out sadly. I hate losing friends but I also have to keep my standards because I am not going to be treated like dog poo and walked all over. I have also discovered my new found ability to speak my mind and really let people know how I feel. Jordan says I should download a filter for this but I think if I keep it in some sort of boundaries I should be ok.  Its cost me a few friends but at the same time maybe they were not really friends to begin with but just meer acquaintances that came into my life to keep me in check. That I can be thankful for.
This is going to be a great yet emotional week because its that time to drive to Dallas and go see my babies! I am surprising them by coming down a day early to show up for holiday parties. I get to spend the evening with my older sister Dana and her twin boys and that is exciting because I do not get to see her enough.
Well I wanted to write more but H is in charge right now and well he is a bit cranky and demanding so I think I will wrap this up and tend to him. That anesthesia has worn off and he is just a peach right now. Pray for a calm quiet sleep full night!

No comments:

Post a Comment